This Isn’t The Traffic You’re Looking For (Organic SEO Is!)
There are a lot of ways to get traffic on the Internet. Just listing them all here would wear out the keyboard. But for realistic ways of getting traffic to flow, there’s only a few:
- Social media flurries
- Black hat SEO
- Pay per click advertising
- Organic SEO
Social media flurries have two problems that make them not the traffic you’re looking for: first, they’re flurries. Unless you’re FEMA, you don’t want your business model to be based on occasional and unpredictable floods of too much traffic. Second, they’re just as often negative as they are positive — rather than looking to buy your stuff, they’ll be looking to string you up.
Black hat SEO is just stupid. You’ll win big for a week, then Google will figure out what you’re doing and tank you, and you’ll have to start all over. Basically the same unpredictability as social media, but without the chance to recover should you stumble.
Pay per click advertising is a completely functional way of driving mad traffic, but it has a couple of disadvantages as well. First, it’s expensive: one study put it in terms of the 80/20 rule — 80% of money is spend on PPC, but it brings only 20% of all traffic. Of the remaining 80% of traffic, almost all of it is SEO driven — even though only 20% search engine marketing expense is spend on SEO. Second, when you cut your PPC budget, you cut your PPC results by a proportional amount — so you’re trapped in a PPC loop forever. It takes a truly skilled PPC management firm to wean a company off of PPC without making it a painful process.
Organic SEO, on the other hand, brings traffic in for pennies on the dollar compared to SEO, and when you stop spending money on SEO, the effect is that the rate that you’re climbing slowly decreases — but it takes a while for it to decrease to the point that it’s a decline at all; it just climbs more slowly for a long while. Sure, SEO takes a while to invest in — time has to pass for SEO to kick in — but unless your business model involves only being around for a few months, SEO is the traffic you’re looking for.
My website SEO had been in bad shape for a while, so I employed SEO 911 to turn things around, and they were great and making my business relevant on Google again – including some great edits to the website to increase customer conversions. It was great to work with honest marketing company
- MAtthew Davitoto, Marketing manager
As a small business with a specific target market, SEO 911 provided invaluable assistance in both setting up our website and increasing awareness of it. In short time, our website rocketed up the google rankings leaving many more established and larger programs trailing well behind. With roughly 75% of our ticket sales now completed directly through our website, SEO Maverick has succeeded in making our business more visible AND more profitable.
- Rob Flint
I am very happy with the service I received from SEO 911. Brett was able to understand exactly what I needed to do with my website to get it higher up on the search engines and the work was done fast and without any fuss. The service was excellent and communication friendly. Any technical issues I had were solved quickly. A good service all round at a reasonable price.
- Director, Digital Marketing